An invoice will be sent by post after the event.
Our 60th Annual General Meeting (AGM) is around the corner and all members, voting members and non-voting members alike, are cordially invited to join the AGM on June 17 2022 from 16.00 - 19.30 JST | 09.00 - 12.30 CEST.
All those who are going to attend the AGM onsite, are most welcome to join the After-Party from 19.30 - 21.30 JST.
The 60th AGM will be held onsite at Roppongi Academyhills. While we encourage all members to participate onsite, attending online via Zoom is possible as well.
For organizational purposes we kindly ask you to register for the event until June 6 2022, 23.59 JST.
At this year’s AGM there are four resolution matters on the agenda:
1. Approval of amendment of Articles of Association of AHK Japan
The AGMs during the last two years were organized as online or hybrid events due to the influence of the pandemic. Based on the experience of the AGMs in 2020 and 2021, the proposed amendment of the Articles of Association of AHK Japan is designed to formalize the best practice for organizing electronic and hybrid AGMs in the future by incorporating a legal framework in the Articles of Association.
The proposed amendments of the Articles of Association thus mainly concern technical details for conducting online and hybrid AGMs as well as some editorial modifications.
Please find the details of the amendment as proposed by the Board of Directors and approved by the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK) in Berlin at the bottom below. While there is room for posing questions at the AGM itself, pre-submission of your questions regarding the proposed amendments of the Articles of Association to membership(at)dihkj.or.jp until June 7, 2022 is highly appreciated.
2. Approval of a donation to “Johanniter Unfallhilfe” to support victims of the War in the Ukraine
3. Election of two auditors
Candidates AHK Japan Auditors
The following two positions have to be filled.
- Mr. Markus Froese | Term ends
- Mr. Hans-Peter Musahl | Term ends
The following candidates are standing for election:
- Mr. Markus Froese | CFO, Continental Automotive Corporation
- Mr. Hans-Peter Musahl | CFO, JBG Energy K.K.
4. Election of five members of the Board of Directors
Candidates AHK Japan Board of Directors
The following positions need to be filled.
- Mr. Manfred R. Flick | Term ends
- Mr. Christian Wiedmann | Term ends
- Ms. Kaori Yamazaki | Term ends
- Dr. Thomas-Peter Hausner | Retired and returned to Germany
- Dr. Carolina Kawakubo | Change of employer
The following five candidates are standing for election:
- Dr. Carolina Kawakubo | Regional Marketing Strategy Manager, Henkel Japan Ltd.
- Mr. Michael Magee | Managing Director, Brita Japan K.K.
- Mr. Yasuhiko Otsuki | CEO, Siemens Energy K.K.
- Ms. Jennelle Petit | President and CEO, TÜV Rheinland Japan Ltd.
- Mr. Christian Wiedmann | President and CEO, BMW GROUP Japan
Eligible voters who cannot attend are free to assign a proxy in accordance with §8, 3 of the Articles of Association (2008) to vote on their behalf.
Additional resolution matters can be brought up at the Annual General Meeting in accordance with §13, 4 of the Articles of Association (2008).
Standing for Election
As announced in our call of nomination, all AHK Japan ordinary members have the chance to stand for election themselves or to nominate suitable candidates among their fellow ordinary members. In case that you are interested in introducing a candidate or you are interested in nominating yourself, please get into contact with the undersigned to confirm the eligibility and further requirements.
Annual General Meeting (16.00 - 19.30 JST | 09.00 - 12.30 CEST)
Roppongi Academyhills "Tower Hall"
- Greeting and welcome
- Greetings by
Ambassador Dr. Clemens von Götze
Dr. Volker Treier, Chief Executive of Foreign Trade and Member of the Executive Board, Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK)
- Confirmation of quorum
- Report on AHK Japan activities
- Approval of amendment of Articles of Association
- Approval of donation to "Johanniter Unfallhilfe" for victims of the Ukraine War
- Report by Treasurer
- Report by Auditors and discharge of Board of Directors
- Pitch and election of Auditors
- Pitch and election of Board of Directors
Should the quorum at the AGM not be reached, in accordance with §13, 5 of the Articles of Association (2008) a substitute AGM with the same agenda will be held within three weeks.
After-Party (19.30 - 21.30 JST)
Roppongi Academyhills "Lounge 49"